- How to use M.A.M.I.:
- the melody, arpeggio,
chord, scale and mode connection...
- What separates the Matrix
Approach to Music Improvisation (M.A.M.I.) Scale Atlases from
- other musical references on the market
are our powerful concepts:
- The idea behind M.A.M.I. is that we do not
tell you, or show you what...or how to play like anyone else.
- Of course much can be learned by studying
any accomplished player, and this approach is also recommended.
- However our M.A.M.I. Scale Atlas was created
for the purpose of providing musicians with a tool for creating fresh, new
- 2. The patterned nature of music can be used
as a basis for improvisation:
- By using our integrated eight-way visual
Matrix Approach format, it is now possible (actually easy) to see useful
- that can be played throughout the entire
range of your instrument for a given arpeggio, chord, inversion, scale, or
- format visually guides you to applying these
elements musically, using the concepts of voice leading, inversions and
- 3. M.A.M.I. integrates and unifies the
melodies, arpeggios, chords, inversions, and modes that can be created
from a given scale.
- Instead of separating musical elements like
other books (by dealing with just arpeggios, or chords, or scales, etc.)
- The Matrix Approach clearly shows you how
melodies, arpeggios, chords, inversions, scales and modes are all
- Using M.A.M.I. Scale Atlases as a reference
allows you the option to incorporate any of these elements into your music
- at any time using a given scale. So if you
are looking for musical ideas in say "C-Major 7" etc., M.A.M.I.
lets you easily find
- and use the all of these related elements
musically throughout the range of your instrument visually in a single
- Having this knowledge allows you options to
much more freely create and improvise your own fresh, new music!
- Give me M.A.M.I. or Give